Friday, January 15, 2021

Talking to my doctor

    An Interview with Doctor Kyoto

By: Mark Chetcuti




Which promotions did you work as a manager in?

Takeshi sent January 9 at 9:48 PM

I worked for Stampede Wrestling, PWA ( Prairie Wrestling Alliance), and RCW ( Real Canadian Wrestling ). They are all Alberta’s promotions.

You sent January 9 at 9:50 PM

Sweet.
You sent January 9 at 9:50 PM
Was Tokyo Joe your uncle?
You sent January 9 at 9:50 PM
What was your relationship with him like?

Takeshi sent January 9 at 9:58 PM

Lol I wish he is! I would say he is my good drinking friend, I was his driver ( because he didn’t drive ). I came to Calgary to see Stampede Wrestling in 2001. When I was watching the show as a wrestling fan in the crowd, I found Tokyo Joe in the crowd too. Then I greeted him. I was kind of nervous because he is a legend. But he was friendly. He asked me to come to the Dungeon to see the practice if I want.

You sent January 9 at 9:59 PM

Wow. Cool!

Takeshi sent January 9 at 9:59 PM

My English grammar might sounds funny, but you can fix it later lol

You sent January 9 at 10:05 PM

It's perfectly fine. Some fine tuning and it'll be alright.
You sent January 9 at 10:06 PM
How did that first practice viewing go?

Takeshi sent January 9 at 10:11 PM

Good question! I don’t clearly remember but I remember that Ross Hart was sitting with Joe, and when the boys started chatting during the practice, Ross said “Too much nooooooise!!! Watch the mat!!!”. Joe said “Hey Ross! Good!👍” They meant the practice must be serious.

You sent January 9 at 10:12 PM

Hm. Interesting.
You sent January 9 at 10:13 PM
How was their pro wrestling ring? Was it stiff feeling?

Takeshi sent January 9 at 10:17 PM

I think the Dungeon’s mat was ok. I took body slams from girls because my size is good for them. Taking body slams was fine. But!!! One of PWA’s rings is so stiff, like Judo mat!!! It’s so deadly lol

You sent January 9 at 10:17 PM

Damn.
You sent January 9 at 10:18 PM
I used to do bumps on Mr. Carelli's judo mats.
❤
1
You sent January 9 at 10:18 PM
He said that I was not allowed in his pro wrestling ring.

Takeshi sent January 9 at 10:19 PM

I heard that Mexican rings are stiff too lol

You sent January 9 at 10:21 PM

Shit.

Takeshi sent January 9 at 10:24 PM

I go to bathroom to pee. Wait a minute.

You sent January 9 at 10:24 PM

Alright.

Takeshi sent January 9 at 10:28 PM

I’m back. I’m listening Velvet Underground on my headphones, that makes me relax.

You sent January 9 at 10:28 PM

BRB. I gotta have half a cigarette as the wind blows against my face.
You sent January 9 at 10:28 PM
Nice.
You sent January 9 at 10:28 PM
They are a great band.
❤
1
You sent January 9 at 10:33 PM
I'm back.
You sent January 9 at 10:33 PM
Which television shows are your favourite of all time?

Takeshi sent January 9 at 10:34 PM

All Japan Pro Wrestling show!

You sent January 9 at 10:34 PM

Cool.
You sent January 9 at 10:35 PM
How do you make your tongue green?

Takeshi sent January 9 at 10:41 PM

Sorry I can’t tell that. It’s mystic. The Great Kabuki invented the green poisoning mist. When Juggernaut ( former Stampede Wrestling and ECCW superstar. He is the legend ) toured Japan, he leaned how to do the mist from The Great Kabuki. And I learned that from Juggernaut 😉 It’s secret!

You sent January 9 at 10:42 PM

Fascinating and great answer.

Takeshi sent January 9 at 10:44 PM

Yes, Respect the inventor!

You sent January 9 at 10:44 PM

True Takeshi. True.

Takeshi sent January 9 at 10:48 PM

Pro Wrestling is audience’s experience between fantasy and real.

You sent January 9 at 10:49 PM

Very true. What do you think about shows with no audiences?

Takeshi sent January 9 at 10:55 PM

It’s hard, but I think pro wrestlers creativity is being tested. It’s challenging of creativity.
Takeshi sent January 9 at 10:55 PM
I enjoyed Taker vs AJ

You sent January 9 at 10:55 PM

Yeah, true Takeshi.

Takeshi sent January 9 at 10:56 PM

I go get some more Crown Royal. Wait a minute.

You sent January 9 at 10:57 PM

Okay.

Takeshi sent January 9 at 11:00 PM

I’m back

You sent January 9 at 11:01 PM

Sweet.

Takeshi sent January 9 at 11:05 PM

Pro Wrestling style changes. Let me tell you what Tokyo Joe said about most important thing in professional wrestling. He said most important thing is how to make it looks real, how to make it look believable. But I don’t know is it still most important thing in current pro wrestling business or not.

You sent January 9 at 11:05 PM

Very true. And, I agree solemnly.
❤
1

Takeshi sent January 9 at 11:07 PM

Pro Wrestling is entertainment business, but I always want to find realism in the show.

You sent January 9 at 11:10 PM

Cool.

Takeshi sent January 9 at 11:19 PM

Any more questions? Or can I ask you what made you into pro wrestling?

You sent January 9 at 11:19 PM

Hm. Good question.
You sent January 9 at 11:20 PM
WWF programming of the 1990s and WCW.
You sent January 9 at 11:20 PM
The television volume was loud.
You sent January 9 at 11:20 PM
So I adjusted the nob turning dial on the wooden television set to lower it.
❤
1

Takeshi sent January 9 at 11:28 PM

For me, Andre The Giant made me into pro wrestling, I think I was 4 or 5 years old. Then I got obsessed of reading pro wrestling history books. I really didn’t want to hang out with my childhood friends. I thought please leave me alone to watch pro wrestling! I was very nerdy kid. When I became an adult, I found that I have ADHD and ASD ( Autism Spectrum Disorder ). That’s make sense lol. I hope you understand that.

You sent January 9 at 11:28 PM

Takeshi sent January 9 at 11:34 PM

I’m often extremely quiet person. But I have something in my mind, just like other people, just like you. When I am performing in front of audience, that’s the opportunity to express! I can be loud in front of audience. Pro Wrestling helps me to express my feelings.
Takeshi sent January 9 at 11:34 PM
That’s the reality in the fantasy. That’s pro wrestling power.

You sent January 9 at 11:35 PM

I like how you put that.

Takeshi sent January 9 at 11:36 PM

Thank you

You sent January 9 at 11:45 PM

Which moves are a part of your moveset as a manager?
You sent January 9 at 11:45 PM
And which pro wrestlers have you managed?

Takeshi sent January 9 at 11:50 PM

My moves are simple. Low blow, choking, flog splash from the top rope. The green poisonous mist is my signature move.

You sent January 9 at 11:51 PM

Nice!

Takeshi sent January 9 at 11:55 PM

I managed so many wrestlers. The Myers Bros. Karnage. Apocalypse ( former WWE’s Viktor), Bell Lovitz, Vince Austin, Strife, Brandon Van Danielson, Scotley Crue, Bobby Sharp. I currently manage Millennial Rebels in PWA, they are very talented.

You sent January 10 at 12:05 AM

You sent January 10 at 12:05 AM

Takeshi sent January 10 at 12:10 AM

Oh I also have managed Kaylie Morgan who you interviewed before. She got cool anime character.

You sent January 10 at 12:10 AM

yes she does.
You sent January 10 at 12:12 AM
What are your thoughts on your restaurant closing?

Takeshi sent January 10 at 12:16 AM

That was really tough experience. I had to laid off one month before I closed my restaurant, because I had no money to pay for them. It was so sad. But no regrets. I did everything what I wanted to do but n restaurant business. I didn’t financially succeed but I made my dream come true. I would say thank you everyone who supported me.

Takeshi sent January 10 at 12:17 AM

I will cook spaghetti for you someday!

You sent January 10 at 12:18 AM

🙂 That would be cool!

You sent January 10 at 12:30 AM

Okay Takeshi. That is all of the questions which I can think of today due to lack of sleep.

Takeshi sent January 10 at 12:32 AM

Okay! It was a fun interview like chain wrestling. You can ask me any questions anytime. Sleep tight 😴

You sent January 10 at 12:33 AM

Yeah. Like chain wrestling is a good way to put the flow of conversation.
❤
1
You sent January 10 at 12:33 AM
Thank you!
You sent January 10 at 12:33 AM
I got to learn more about your pro wrestling managerial career as well today.
You sent January 10 at 12:33 AM
I'll have the interview posted tomorrow.

Takeshi sent January 10 at 12:34 AM

Ok!

You sent January 10 at 12:35 AM

Cool. Thank you once more!

Takeshi sent January 10 at 12:35 AM

Thank you 🙏

You sent January 12 at 11:30 PM

hey Takeshi. I'll post the interview later tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Interview with Randy Myers Over the Telephone

  An Interview with Randy Myers Over the Telephone By: Mark Chetcuti  Did you know Tokyo Joe? I did yeah. He was a trainer for TJ Wils...